Melbourne is Australia’s second-most populated city and this eclectic metropolis features a vast array of spectator sports, art galleries, live music events, annual festivals, and a seemingly infinite number of other attractions on a year-round basis.
Melbourne is also home to some fascinating historical sites, world-class architecture, and other captivating magnetisms that entice travellers from every corner of the world, which is why it shouldn’t come as a huge surprise to find out that more than 60 million people choose to visit this bustling urban area each year.
Interesting Facts about Melbourne’s History and Makeup
According to a recent survey conducted by the Conde Nast Traveler magazine, Melbourne is actually ranked as the world’s friendliest, most welcoming city. A recent report from the International Business Times lists Melbourne as the best city in the world for viewing street art but here are some things that you probably didn’t know:
- During the Victorian gold rush period, which lasted throughout the 1850s, Melbourne became recognised as one of the world’s largest and richest cities.
- The Great Melbourne Telescope was constructed in the late 1860s and it held the title as Earth’s largest telescopic device during the 19th
- The Melbourne tramway network consists of roughly 1,700 stops, 490 trams, and 250 kilometres of track, which makes it the largest system in the world outside of Europe.
- The world-renowned beer Foster’s was first brewed in Melbourne way back in 1888.
- The city is also home to Australia’s first-ever pizzeria, which opened more than 55 years ago on Lygon Street.
- The National Gallery of Victoria features the most expansive stained glass ceiling on the planet; the beautiful edifice spans across almost 1,000 square metres.
As you might imagine by now, Melbourne represents a captivating vacation destination for any type of traveller, regardless of whether you wish to engage in a family holiday, business trip, honeymoon, or any other kind of Australian excursion.
What Is the Best-Rated Place to Stay?
Situated in the heart of the alluring Leisure Precinct along the magnificent Yarra River, the Platinum Apartments represent the pinnacle of Melbournian accommodations.
These opulent buildings are able to offer luxuriant amenities, gorgeous trimmings, and contemporary on-site conveniences in a centralised location, which is why both domestic and international holidaymakers rank these facilities as the foremost lodging option when venturing to Melbourne. Irrespective of whether you wish to dine in first-rate restaurants, tour the various art galleries, head out for a lively shopping jaunt, or visit one of the local sporting venues, everything is within arm’s reach and readily accessible.
All it takes is a few clicks of your mouse to reserve a luxurious space at one of the most esteemed accommodations in all of Australia; be sure to begin the online booking process as soon as possible.